Being a workaholic is exhausting. So how do you know if you are addicted to your job? Forbes compiled a list of seven questions that determine whether or not you’re a workaholic.
- You think of how you can free up more time to work.
- You spend much more time working than initially intended.
- You work in order to reduce feelings of guilt, anxiety, helplessness and/or depression.
- You have been told by others to cut down on work but don’t listen to them.
- You become stressed if you are prohibited from working.
- You deprioritise hobbies, leisure activities, and/or exercise because of your work.
- You work so much that it has negatively influenced your health.
Answer yes to these and you, my friend, are a workaholic. If this is impacting negatively on your life and your
family, consider planning a holiday or talking to someone who can help you cut back.